Sales will begin in January 2016 for Ke Kilohana at 988 Halekauwila, Ward Village's newest 43-story, 424-unit condominium high-rise! With 49 market residences and 375 residences reserved for qualified Hawaii residents, Ke Kilohana offers a great opportunity for local people to make Ward Village their home!
We are excited to inform you about this latest offering in Howard Hughes' Ward Village, its most affordable to date. Units will range in price from $300,000 to $500,000. Ward Village is not sacrificing style for the price, though. Artist's renderings have shown that the design will be in keeping with the modern styles of all of Ward Village's new developments.
Ke Kilohana, named after one of Oahu's tallest mountain peaks, will be located on the corner of Ward Avenue and Halekauwila Street in centralized neighborhood of Kakaako, steps away from the shopping and dining at Ward Village, and near the future Kakaako Rail Station beside the Sports Authority. For added convenience to your living, 25,000 square feet of commercial space on the ground floor will include a Longs Drugs.
Expected to be completed in 2018!
Want to find out if you are qualified for reserve housing?
Want to sign up for a Homebuyers workshop?
Contact us to get the latest information on the project:
Benefits of Reserved Housing:
• Eligible applicants are able to purchase a home under
• Reserved housing provides first-time home buyers the
opportunity to own a home that they may not otherwise
be able to afford.
• Gifting and co-signing may provide home buyer assistance.
How are the reserved housing units announced to the public and what are the buyer’s procedures?
There will be two published announcements in Newspaper outlining the following process:
1. Application pickup period
2. Lender qualification period
3. Application submittal period
4. Lottery drawing
5. Unit selection
What are the income requirements for reserved housing?
1. The buyer’s “adjusted household income” may not exceed 140% of the Area Median income.
2. The “adjusted household income” refers to the total income, before taxes and personal deductions, received by all members of the eligible borrower’s household, including, but not limited to, wages, social security payments, retirement benefits, unemployment benefits, welfare benefits, interest and dividend payments, but not including business deductions.
3. In addition, the buyer’s assets (cash, securities, mutual funds) may not exceed 125% of the applicable income limit. Buyer’s retirement accounts and gifts do not count as assets.
Am I eligible?
In addition to other requirements, an eligible buyer
• First-time home buyer (or hasn’t owned in three years)
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Resident of the State of Hawai‘i
• At least 18 years of age
• Meet the income and assets qualifications
For more details on the Kaka’ako HCDA 2005 Mauka Area Rules, SUBCHAPTER 7
SALE AND RENTAL OF RESERVED HOUSING UNITS, click here.
43 story high-rise, 424 units
141 one-bedroom, 191 two-bedroom, and 92 three-bedroom condos.
375 of the residences will be sold as reserved housing.
49 will be market units open to anyone.
Out of the total 424 units in the tower, 375 will be reserved for local Hawaii residents in need of affordable housing.
Designed by Jonathan and Paul Ford
Interior design elements are inspired by Honolulu's vibrant art community Kaka'ako, with motifs, colors and patterns that enhance its urban feel.
Sophisticated industrial loft design includes exposed ceilings and quality finishes.
Photos courtesy of the Howard Hughes Corporation, Ward Village.
- One-, two- and three-bedroom condos
- Longs Drugs will have a flagship store located on the ground level
- Planned Kakaako station for the upcoming Honolulu Rail Transit System will be nearby, with an estimated 10-minute ride to the Honolulu International Airport.
- "Sky Lanais" with ocean and sunset views, perfect for parties and intimate social gathering
- Private theater
- Fitness center with an on-demand work out area and kids play room
- Co-workspace with meeting areas
- Music studio and karaoke room
- Landscaped sky terrace with bbq grills
- Indoor / outdoor lounges for dinner parties and casual events